Monday, August 18, 2008

Sleepy

I woke up at the crappy hour of 5:30 today. I got out of bed and six and focused on not panicking. Between the massive storm that's headed our way, me running out of boxes despite my most anal retentive efforts, and my apartment hemorrhaging items needing to be packed into the dwindling boxes, it's hard not to hyperventilate.

By 7:30 I had packed a few more boxes and headed out the door for a trip to the grocery store. I thought I would go from there to go (gasp) buy boxes, but when I got to Publix (the grocery store), they were restocking in the fruit department and like the freak I have become, I asked if I could have the boxes. In the check-out line, I saw empty wine boxes piled up and the clerk encouraged me to take them.

Loading my car up in the parking lot, a man walked by and asked if he could have my now empty cart. He added, "You're either moving..."
"Or I'm really thirsty" I laughed.
"Or, an alcoholic" he added.

My mood was horrid at first today but with more empty and available boxes cluttering my abode of stress, somehow I am feeling less stressed.

PS. "Yay!" to SS and AH, both of whom are pregnant and expecting at the exact same time in February. June was a horny month, apparently. Hey you two, "Cydney" is an excellent name! :)

No comments: