Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Much Like Life, Fay's a Bitch

Well, I am feeling a bit more myself after a small afternoon air mattress nap. I have been dragging so much over the past few days with the packing and the more packing. And then there was the packing. The movers came this morning bright and early and gasped at the never-ending amount of boxes. The driver told me inventory normally takes up about one and a half pages. Mine took seven.

Good thing my parents have a carriage house rather than a run of the mill garage.

I wanted to apologize to the movers for having so much stuff, then I remembered that it's costing me the down-payment on a small car to have them move the shit. Then, I didn't feel so bad. I cleaned out the fridge and met friends for lunch who promptly convinced me that leaving tomorrow would be super bad. I would drive right into Fay. Even if it was just a rain storm, it would make getting the dog out of the car for an occassional stretch a real pain in the ass.

And poor Oliver. I had to put him in the bathroom to keep him out of the way of the movers. He was good about it but I can imagine his confusion when he was let out and found that there was nothing in the apartment anymore. He kind of wandered around with this "Dude, where's my stuff?!" expression.

I did have video of the storm as it came through on Tuesday morning but it's not on the computer and thus cannot be uploaded and shared. I know, don't cry. Here's a picture Dad sent me which Mom took on Cape Cod this past week-end. They called the photo "Waiting for Oliver". I can't figure out how she managed to get up on the darn thing!

2 comments:

Mrs. Hammond said...

seriously...the dog afraid of everything can get on a hammock?? I'm not even sure I could get on a hammock!

Unknown said...

Boostie is only afraid when she remembers to be so. The rest of the time she's wild in the streets (or at the seashore in this case)