Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Boston of Bust, Day Four

I arrived in Wakefield, my final destination, yesterday, with no problems. I was welcomed into Massachusetts by the toll worker with a "How ahhh ya?" as she gave me my ticket. My late lunch was a slice of Papa Gino's pizza. I don't know how far their franchise goes, but they don't go to Florida, and it was a perfect slice of pizza.

I arrived home to happy parents and their curious puppy and we laughed while we watched the two get acquainted; Oliver the tired and somewhat old grump and Bootsie, the jumpy poky little ball of c'mon let's play! I wanna Plaaaaaaayyyyyy!

The movers arrived one hour after I did and I was mortified to discover that there was ONE guy moving all my shit. This will take forever, I thought. And it did. But, he was a nice guy who aside from letting my sewing machine drop from a six foot high shelf, roll and bit and fall from the two foot high ledge the shelf was on, everything went OK. I did have some pieces of furniture I'd hoped to get upstairs into my room, but there was no way I was going to have this guy attempt to get the dresser my grandfather made up the stairs on his own. I can just see it crashing down the stairs either on top of him or behind him.

So aside from being in a far too cluttered bedroom at the moment, all is well. Oliver is cozied-up on his own bed in the corner and I have daydreams of taking on the overwhelming task of reorganizing this room which I have no idea how long I will be staying in.

I do hope I will be able to shut my mildly stressed brain down for a bit to enjoy some tennis (with Buffy? That kind of sounded pretentious) and biking and visiting with friends. Basically I hope I can have a bit of a vacation before I start really freaking out about being unemployed.

Unemployed. Crap. WTF am I gonna do about that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you and Oliver arrived safe and sound to Wakefield!