Thursday, August 7, 2008

Canon VS Nikon

I've committed to Canon, it would appear, for my gear once I leave the paper. I didn't really mean to commit to it, but I offered my highest bid on a zoom lens, 70-200mm, and actually won it on eBay. I didn't think I would win it because the things in immaculate shape, and I thought for sure someone would outbid me. But, they didn't and I got it.

I'm glad, now the decision is made..

I've been struggling with this decision for a while. When I worked in upstate NY, we used Nikons and they served me just fine. Nikons are a bit cheaper than Canon, I've noticed. I sent an email out to some people I know in the field. Some are people I've worked with and some are just friends and some are both. I got answers from certain people which I expected to get. Especially the one from BM who was an editor of mine during an internship. He basically said that what makes the image is the shooter, not the camera. I had to laugh and reply that he gave me the precise answer I expected from him. Comforting, really.

The overall vote seemed to lean more towards Canon. Since I have been shooting with canon for the past six years while here in South Florida and well, I have a lens from eBay which is canon now, I guess the decisions made!

Whah hoo!

Now I just need a camera body to go with the lens...and more lenses...and strobes..and...

No comments: