Friday, August 8, 2008

I'm a Dog Chair

Last night, while slouching on my couch and waiting for friends to show up to watch the disappointing finale of our newest TV addiction, So You Think You Can Dance, Oliver hopped up onto the couch and took a seat. There was about two feet between us so I suggested aloud that he come closer to me.

Oliver likes his space. This is why I was surprised when climbed up on top of my torso, did a little turn as though he was flattening the grass, and took a seat with his boney little butt, on my breast. I never knew it was a boney little butt until he put all his weight on it, and then put it on my chest.

He just kind of sat there, facing the TV, as though a living thing was not underneath him. It wasn't long before he realized that this was not very comfortable for either involved, and hopped down from the couch.

No comments: