Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thing-A-Day

My dear friend and coworker Rachel has committed to doing a blog for the month of February, on crafting. She has taken on the Thing-a-Day challenge, where she makes, you guessed it, a thing a day! Click here to follow her daily doings.
Last night, she hung at my place and knit herself a place-mat out of cut t-shirts, all the while eating a veggie calzone and keeping-up with our regular habit of old men in the balcony (a la Muppet Show) comments while watching movies. We can find humor in everything, even people struggling to survive during civilized war in the Sudan (The Four Feathers). Yeah, guys, forming a square with really show those attackers who's boss. Especially with all of you wearing those sneaking camouflaging red coats!

While she knitted, I made shrinky dinks. Oh what fun it was! Today, I traced a picture of Oliver and shrinky dinked him (eh-hem). Very cute. Unless I turn into a complete freak and start wearing this as a pendant, however, I have no idea what to do with it. Keychain, perhaps?


No comments: