Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast II

I recieved this email from my Dad last night. I aggree with his thought that my last entry was a bit unclear. I thought it easiest to just copy and paste our correspondence...

Hey kiddo,
Speaking of your blog (read at least once daily), I don't understand the latest (about slowing down and learning to say thank you in Lithuanian). Explain, please.
Ahchoo! (Forgive my pronunciation)
Dad

my response -

Oh, I was just thinking today about how I (and maybe other poeple just in general) have a tendency to go to an appointment and have this almost unconscious drive to finish it and move on. I am trying to be better about (for lack of better, less cheesy term) living in the moment.

Today, I met an 82 year old Lithuanian man. We were talking and I reminded myself, You don't have to be anywhere right now. Just be here. Have a conversation with this person, take their character in, learn something from them. You are here right now.
That's what I meant, though I know the entry was a bit spaztic.
Love
Cyd

No comments: