Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Great

I slept horribly last night. It took a while to fall asleep and once I did, I was restless. I woke again at 4 and lay there for quite a while before deciding to get up for a little bit. I was up a few hours, I think. Then, once I did sleep, I had bizarre dreams. I dreamt that I sprayed a toner on my face and it caused my skin to shrink. I could feel it tightening like window insulator being hit with the heat of a hair dryer. My cheeks sucked in, my mouth fused shut until I had no lips. One eye fused shut until I had no opening or eyelashes. I managed to keep one eye open by fighting the shrinking but looking at myself in the mirror, there was a small opening where my eye should have been and all I could see was the white of my eye. And again, no eye lashes anymore.

When I got up I felt like I was walking through tar. I had to go to the dentist just down the street, to have my teeth cleaned. So, I got in the shower and rushed down the street in my fog, planning on eating breakfast when I got back.

The street from my place to the dentist has a yellow line down the middle but is quite narrow. I had the pleasure of enjoying a road raging tail-gaitor on my small residential street. He (or she) rode right behind me, swerving slightly in consideration of passing. I stopped at a stop sign and he honked at me.

In all my tired, annoyed, effed-up dreams mood, I flipped him the bird for the slightest of split seconds. Not something I do often because I know how stupid it is. But, since I feel like a truck hit me, I couldn't seem to control myself. I took a left a few streets ahead because I had passed the dentists office entirely. Grumpy tail-gaiter followed me. Great.

When I took my next left he continued straight ahead. Apparently they decided to not threaten me any further.

So, I arrive at the office building and head up the flight of stairs, down the long hallway to his office, all the while feeling like I'm walking so slow I may actually be moving backwards.

I walk into the office and the receptionist looks at me in that way. That way. And I know.

"You have an appointment tomorrow. Not today." she says apologetically.

Awesome day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice going hot shot. There's one consolation: Getting appointments mixed up is a genetic problem in our family - like baldness. Ya just gotta live with it...

Dad