Monday, July 28, 2008

Stuff 'n' Things

Today I went to my endocrinologist. Oddly, my HbA1c was improved over last time. I suspected it would not be given my recently ended diet of cuticles (my own) and Dove ice cream bars. I didn't tell her about that.

On my way home, I stopped at Greenwise to try and find some reasonably priced almond butter. Egads! No luck. But I did notice a sign above one of the isles which read, "Health Foods, Diabetic Foods" etc. That phrase always makes me chuckle. OK, maybe not always, but this time it did. "Diabetic Foods", like the food itself, is diabetic."My pickle ate too much carbohydrate! Quick give the pickle some insulin!"

In other news, it would appear my apartment wants me to move out, ASAP. Things are suddenly breaking. The other night, I had to pull a MacGyver to fix the toilet with some wire and this morning I opened the fridge and the lightbulb blew with a little POP!

No comments: