Thursday, July 3, 2008

Going Away

Tonight my coworker T was kind enough to host a going away party for our photo intern, Lucas, also known as "Lead Analyst" in the ridiculous yet oddly popular Fireworks Testing video I did with Thomas and Lucas the other night.

The party was so nice. It was great to be around my coworkers. Over the past few years, I feel like there has been far less hanging out going on. I think it can often be a case of I hung out with them all day, I have nothing more to talk about! But, I think these days, with a buyout deadline and exiting of coworkers fast approaching, with the threat of layoff right on it's heels, people are grateful for a bit of chat time outside the office.

A while back I decided that I wanted an I (heart) the Palm Beach Post t-shirt and Rachel kindly obliged by making a little iron-on with her printer and fancy paper. I got a few compliments on the shirt. Quite a few people said I should sell them...(Rachel - I'd split it 50-50, just FYI). But then other people were coming up with different slogans. Like F#@K the Palm Beach Post. for example. Uma's suggestion was my favorite "How about Friends don't let friends read the Sun -Sentinal"?

For those of you not from the area, The S-S is out competitor.

We all gathered in T's back yard for a group photo and then periodically, someone would breeze by the laptop which displayed the chosen portrait and let out a sentimental "awwwwwwe".

There was lots of buzz about Puppet and her fireworks antics. One coworker told me "I didn't realize it was you until I recognized the style of humor!"

As much as it is a completely silly thing, I'm glad people have gotten a kick out of it. I think people maybe need a chuckle right now. Even if it's at the expense of a puppet on fire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was a fun shoot. I hope you got a copy of it.