Monday, July 21, 2008

New Phone

I just got a new cell phone thanks to my parents' letting me join their family plan. I'm excited to have one. I've never had one before. The only cell I have belongs to the Post. So, really, I've never had a cell phone. This new one though is a Samsung, and I'm not sure I like it yet. It's very skinny and, I'm worried, possibly breakable. I did my research though - it had the most stars in the rating of phones within my price range, and it was affordable (aka- "free").

Looking at my new number, I do find myself wondering if it's a lucky number. Ah, it's the old learn a new number thing. What fun! I'm looking forward to those awkward moments when people ask for my number and I do the "Oh, it's 617-973-eight niner...wait. Hold on, it'll come to me"

This week-end was cleansing. Libby bought an end table of mine and three large garbage bags full of Halloween stuff (and I have three more which I'm keeping if you can believe it. I'm never parting with my two giant rats and the fog machine. They're too cool for school). I also collected-up some books and all of my VHSes and donated them to the local library for their book sale. This morning, I filled the back seat completely and dumped that stuff at Goodwill. So, while my apartment is not "clean" per se (I'm sorry, I'm Messy. Have we met?) it still feels good to get rid of some things. 'Helps release some for the stress I think.

Rachel and I are thinking about celebrating our first day of no work (lip quiver) and her birthday (hurrah!) by going snorkeling in the Keys or something. Little does Eliza know I will soon be asking if I can borrow her fins and snorkel gear. The fins and snorkel gear I just sold her last week.

No comments: