Saturday, July 26, 2008

Salem's Hompage

My good friend, Debby, who you can remember from here, here, and here, is going to visit me in Boston in September. We plan on going to the Cape, but in the case that we want to do something else at some point, I started looking around for things to do.
It's been so long since I've lived in my home state that I don't have any brilliant ideas, really. They'll come to me.

But, in researching historic shenanigans I came across the Salem, MA website and I just had to share it. The photo on the salem.org homepage changes, but I found the one I love online. I'm sorry it's so small...

Let's analyze it, shall we? First, I love the swooning woman in the middle with the blond hair. She's all (in a waif-like voice), " "No, I'm not a witch! I'm going to pass out to prove it to you!"
Then, there's the guy holding on to her. Well, coaxing her, really, who's all "Every thing's going to be OK. I'm just going to shove you in the lake quickly to check."
Then, I love the girl at the right who's lip is all curled-up. She's all, "Skip the water. I'm hungry for lunch. Let's just toss her on the stake and light the fire!" But she's saying it in pig-latin out of the side of her snarling mouth.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hammond said...

Hey now! I hope you're not poking fun at the town I reside in!!! ;)