Saturday, July 12, 2008

Buy Out

As you can probably tell from some of my elusive posts lately, I have accepted the buyout from The Palm Beach Post. Or, rather, I've handed in my paperwork for it. The next step is for it to be accepted, then I have to hand-in final paperwork. There's always that chance it won't be accepted. If that's the case, cool, I have a job, but it is unlikely.

My plan is to head back up to Boston and live with my parents while I figure out my next move. I hope to stay in the Boston area, but we'll see. The possibilities are scarce and endless simultaneously. For the time being though I will enjoy chilling out for a little bit before the storm of trying to figure out how to have a career hits.

I have been selling things in anticipation of moving. I'm hoping craigslist comes through for me. I started listing things, mostly furniture, last night and was shocked to get responses to quickly. Now, I'm in this but I need my couch til I leave mode.

While I am stressed and finding it difficult to sleep sometimes, I'm OK with my decision for the most part. I'm, sure I won't always feel that way. I have times on my week-ends where I'm bored and can't wait to get back to work. It will be interesting to see how much I crawl in my own skin with nothing to do for quite a while, let alone a week-end.

The other challenge is finances. I'm trying to do moving company research, plus I have to think about things I need to buy. I have no camera gear at all without the paper. No laptop either.

For now, the to do list is keeping me away from the panic list.

No comments: