Monday, September 1, 2008

Cape Cod Some More

Fun and relaxation at Scott's End continues, though we have lost our wi-fi network, so the updating of this week-end may be delayed. Saturday night's dinner was Persian. Made by Ada, who lives in the home which stands back to back (though there are backyards between them) to my house, the meal was preceded by a lovely story about hospitality customs of a typical Persian home. Through-out the meal, some of us were asked to read a few Persian proverbs and sayings which Ada had found in her cookbook. Lit by the stars and the candle lit lanterns on the long table top, we enjoyed the meal on the brick porch in he back of the house.

Oliver continues to enjoy himself here, though he is ever hopeful that lizards will appear and never hesitates to have a little looks for them when he discovers little spaces in the house and bushes surrounding it. Now that my brother and sister-in-law have shown up with their sweet dog, the house is a regular Dr. Doolittle vacation getaway.

I'm still not sleeping terribly well. I woke the other morning, and not having a bedroom to clean-up in an effort to make it my own, I found my mind wandering to the how to make a living situation. I woke at three this morning with the same thoughts going through my head. I woke again when others in the house began to stir around seven. So, I appreciate, thoroughly, the big fat nap I've just woken up from.

Maureen, who is Ada's daughter, and soon to be married, and I went to Target with Mom yesterday. While living in West Palm Beach, I enjoyed meeting from time to time with some other board-game players - Monkey's Delight - we called it, and Maureen and I have decided that doing some game-playing meeting up would be fun.

I can't really wrap my brain around being here. I'm very content, but it is strange. I hadn't really thought it would happen this way, really. It's nice to hear people say, "Welcome back to Boston!" or for me to realize that I don't have to rush really, for quality with this person or that person because I have only three and a half days in the area left. I have unlimited days at the moment.

The job hunt is non-existent right now, and I am trying to be OK with that.

No comments: