Saturday, September 27, 2008

Boney Butt

I took Oliver to the vet yesterday to get him a check-up and establish a local vet for him. It was good visit. She told me he's very sprightly for a dog of ten years old and that what looks like cloudiness in his eyes is not cataracts, but aging. It is not effecting his vision she told me.

I have been concerned about his weight. He has never been much of an eater and since being home he's dropped about three or four pounds and his little hip bones can be felt at his back end. We haven't been able to figure out if it's because of the all-day Greco-Roman wrestling matches that he and Bootsie are having, or if Bootsie's getting his food because he leaves it or what. But the other day, Mom managed to get him very interested in his food.

In fact, it appears she discovered the secret. She stands next to his dish and whispers nicely about how lovely the kibble looks, then she would stroke his back as he approached the dish, continuing to talk to him as he began to eat - and finished his meal in one effort!

Later, when Mom was telling Dad about my weird dog and his weird eating requirements, I joked, "I think I heard her say 'Here comes the airplane' at one point!"

I have decided that Dreamweaver is a big poop and I need to walk away from the poop for a bit. I found a very affordable portfolio hosting site thanks to fellow shooter, John White. I find that the more I look at my own work, the more I dislike it. I suppose that happens - You get to a point where you don't know what's good anymore. I think most shooters have experienced that.

My friend Rachel is coming to visit in two days! (Spirit fingerrrrrrrs!)

No comments: