Saturday, September 13, 2008

Game of the Week

My friends at The Post have been really busy. Here's one of the fall projects.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE GAME OF THE WEEK.

It's a very cool section with great images of rival teams leading up to their Friday night face-offs. Watching the videos though, and especially the still image slideshows set to music, I have mixed feelings about it. I know rivalries are going to exists no matter how much or how little coverage a local paper gives the schools, but is it a good thing provide official documentation of the throw downs complete with a rap soundtrack and video sound bites of apposing players challenging one another? While not all music that has a rap beat can have a negative connotation, Palm Beach County has it's rough areas, and I can't help but wonder if the rap music which plays along with the slideshows simply play into the thug stereotype which some of these communities have.

I also would have edited out the image of the cheerleader sticking her tongue out. It walks the line of provocative. Also, the shooters, both still and video, need to be credited more prominently, as do the video editors.

That said, the video is great, the still images are exceptional as always, and the look and feel of the site is super cool slick.

I'm proud of my (former) peeps.

No comments: