Friday, April 18, 2008

Passport

I got my passport, like, wicked fast.
They look cool, all new and stuff. I especially like the inside cover, which does not, as I falsely remembered and reported to my friends, have the Preamble to the Constitution on it, but rather, lyrics to our National Anthem.
They're both patriotic, so I was close. It's not like I remembered the words as being a few lines from "Yankee Doodle". That would be slightly amusing but not my first choice for inside cover art of my passport. I may have actually tried to send it back and ask the government for a different version, "You do have other styles, right?" I'll ask them in a carefully written letter, "Like, how 'bout Neil Diamond's 'Coming to America'? Do you have that one? Or, how about Toby Keith and Willie Nelson's 'Beer for My Horses'?"
Oh great, now that song's stuck in my head.


In all seriousness, they are pretty cool. And Yankee Doodle or no, so is my country, thank you very much.

No comments: