Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Coffee Break Spanish

Ok, I admit that I was asking for it. Wandering through iTunes, I discovered Coffee Break Spanish. It's this great, weekly pod-cast providing spanish lessons in fifteen minute segments.
I listen to it often when I am in my car. Now that I have a fancy new nano, I have all the previous lessons (I think the course is on lesson thirty-something).
The hosts are interesting. With the show based in Scotland, both hosts have thick accents which take a moment to get used to and understand. Kara, who always sounds like she's about to fall into a fit of giggles when speaking, (though she looks so serious in her headshot!) tells us at the beginning of the pod-cast that Coffee Break Spanish is "where you can learn language with your laddie". Or so I thought, until I figured out she was actually saying latte, which makes far more sense.
I immediately adored Mark, mi professor, until I was crushed to hear him introduce his son, Matthew, on one of the shows. Now, the Mark I envisioned is no more and my dreams of being the wife of a famous pod-caster are gone. How I imagined him disappeared when I looked-up his photo on the web.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Mark is a perfectly nice person, but the mysterious, tall, dark and handsome host with the low voice is just a normal dude now, thanks to my curiosity, and modern technology.



\

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I was such a disappointment to you, but I kinda like being a 'normal dude'!

I hope this doesn't put you off continuing to enjoy the lessons.

Mark
No longer "mysterious, tall, dark and handsome" Coffee Break Spanish Host