Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mac 'n' Cheese


I'm trying hard to be better about what I eat. I've been going tot he gym three times a week and it has made little difference. I have been logging my food for about the last three weeks and that has made no difference on the scale either.

While it is frustrating, I do have to remind myself that my friend Rachel was here last week-end, my Dad was here the week-end before, and my birthday was in the middle. Very little true calorie watching happened. So, I am hoping that I can refocus my efforts now and shave off a few pounds.

I have found over the years that only a few things will lead me to my "ideal" weight; depression, extreme happiness (because I lose my appetite with both), and starving myself (which really isn't starving myself, but rather, eating the appropriate amount of food, which always leaves me hungry). It's a shame that depression is so unfun and extreme contentedness is so ellusive.

Anyway, in an effort to be healthier, I made this mac 'n' cheese from a foodtv.com recipe. It's lower in calories and weirdly, uses pureed squash. I was skeptical, but intrigued.

As it turns out, it's actually quite good!

You can find the recipe here. If you are feeling bold, give it a try yourself. Or, if you're in the area, stop by; the thing with living alone is you have forty-two servings left over after you actually DO cook something.


some ingredience

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*drool*