Friday, April 11, 2008

My Bill is How Much?!

I few months ago I was talking with an AT&T representative about my local and long-distance plan. They had a more affordable deal that would save me $30 a month. Sign me up!

The following month I received a bill that showed no signs of the miraculous money saving change. I called, they said not to worry. The bill will drop next month. It has not done so because there was a fee with the change-over. You will see your $30 savings next month, she told me.

I was relieved, really, when my new Indian friend, Preston, who works for AT&T responded to my question about my $224 phone bill this month with, "Oh, that's really weird."

Because really I thought I would hear something more like, "Oh, that's our screw you with the fine print loophole fee!"

Long story short, AT&T effed up and Preston made it almost all better. Next month, I'll get a teeny tiny bill, and this month, he got rid of the ludicrous charges.

Yay, Preston!

No comments: