Saturday, May 8, 2010

In Recovery

It's so strange to have all these sensations going on in my shoulder (and body, for that matter). I've been on oxycodone or whatever it's called since returning from the hospital yesterday. Since I have basically been a lazy git in bed since then, I haven't really noticed any change when I take the pain killers. Until today. I took some right before we had a late lunch and by the time I finished my first slice of pizza, man did I feel looooooopy. I could never be a drug user, and I am reminded why I don't get drunk. I just don't like that sensation that my body is wigging out from some foreign substance being in it.

The shoulder pain is more than it was yesterday but still tolerable. Much like when I first broke it, the mornings are the worst because I'm lying down. Once I'm vertical, it hurts much less. I have what feels like muscular or tendon pain, but then I also have stinging from the cut itself. The strange thing is how the pain of the metal has been completely replaced by these other pains. Hopefully more temporary ones.

The lack of metal is much like the feeling if you've ever gotten something caught in your teeth but didn't know it til it was removed. Then, suddenly, you're more comfortable. It's interesting, actually, to have my own shoulder back!

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

So glad the surgery went well- you are a hell of a recover-er, in that you are up and typing. Way to go! It's a good sign of your health that you are doing so well so quickly afterwards. Take care of yourself!