Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dream

I dreamt a lot last night, but the only one I really remember is the one I had that woke me up. I was trying to take an elevator up somewhere. The first one I came across had buttons too high to reach to summon the elevator. The next one was fine. I got in and meant to go up, but the elevator started to fall. Everyone's worst nightmare, right? I was completely off the ground. I was floating, but feeling that sensation of falling. My body was completely upright and I kept thinking 'How can I avoid being killed when this thing hits the bottom?

Do I lay on my stomach?  Hit just as I am, in standing position? Even though I had no idea how to reposition myself and in truth, I knew better. There wasn't a thing I could do. I probably felt this free falling sensation for about twelve seconds. Then, it's started to slow. The elevator. And even though I was falling in the air, I felt the change in speed as though my feet were on the ground.

I woke up and was in the exact position I'd been in standing in the dream. Only lying down, of course.

No comments: