Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thanks, Canon

To understand this entry, you have to read the one before it....

Dear Cydney Scott:


Thank you for your interest in the 50D. We value you as a Canon
customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We are selling the camera both as a kit and as a body only. Perhaps
Adorama simply meant that they do not have the 50D, sold as a body only,
in stock. Doing some quick checking online I found that amazon.com,
another one of our authorized dealer, does have the 50D, sold as the
body only, in stock. Other dealers may also have it, so it may be
helpful to check with different dealers that you trust.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if we can be of any further
assistance with your Canon equipment.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Nick
Technical Support Representative

Special Note: Certain issues are very difficult to resolve via e-mail.
If your question remains unanswered after you have received this e-mail,
the direct assistance of a Canon telephone support representative may be
required.

If you prefer to continue to communicate via email, reply to this
message and we will respond as quickly as possible.

Dear Nick,
Apparently it was Adorama I should have been scolding. I bought my camera on Amazon and sent an email to Adorama telling them to cancel my order for the 50D with them, because I found it somewhere else and I think they are a-hole doo doo heads for handing me that "If you wan to get it I guess you have to get it in a kit" crap.

You are dreamy. Weeeeeeeee!

Sincerely,
CS

(OK, I didn't really send that. But, I wanted to).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is all SO ridiculous. Grrr....

Helen Oster said...

Dear Cydney

As you may be aware, the Adorama offices are closed for holidays until Thursday 23rd October - I am picking up messages from home.

I was concerned to read your post, and sorry that you have been inconvenienced. I would like to help sort this out for you, if I can.

Please contact me directly: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com, with your order number, and I will look into the problem as soon as the offices re-open.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador