Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Refractory Ulcer and Being Sauced

Today was an early day. I woke and dressed quickly and headed out the door with Oliver to take him to the vet for his minor surgery to repair his refractory ulcer and remove the little cyst on his eyelid which the vet suspected was causing the ulcer.

When I picked him up a few hours later, he was a bit sauced. He also has a swollen eyelid which makes him look a bit Stallone a la Rocky Balboa. I put him in the back seat and he moved himself to the front seat. Once he got to the front seat, he wouldn't lie down. So, he sat up in the front seat, swaying slightly like a drunken sailor. He seemed to be falling asleep sitting up, but I couldn't be sure of it.

When I got him home he hopped out of the car to go relieve himself. Squatting was tricky. I could tell he didn't really have the balance for it. Still, he did his thing and followed me up the side stairs to the side door. At the door he decided he hadn't quite finished over in the grass and thought that maybe this door mat was as good a place as any. After that was all done and I cleaned-up after him, he went straight up into my room where he would cry when I left the room. I spent a bit of time watching Serenity on TV with him on my bed, kind of whimpering next to me.

He's better now, but still, as I am sitting here in the living room, he is at my feet simpering a bit as he breathes out. The doctors did say it was painful, so I'm sure he's uncomfortable. The e-collar doesn't help, either.
Here's some video from the drive home.


Sauced After Surgery from Cydney Scott on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's not a waste of a card, send one to me, because we sometimes do Xmas pics of the kids. Or save the card and just email me any info. Lastly, I have a client starting an on-line freelance photographer/syudio owner community that you may want to check out. It's not up and running yet but will be shrotly. If interested, I'll send you the link.

ThinkingBean said...

Attorneymikem.....I don't know who you are or how to reach you! Leave me contact info and once I have it I will delete you comment so it's not public. Thanks! C

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.