Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween

My, my, my, aren't I a busy girl!?

Yesterday, I spent hours photographing some of Jodi, my sister-in-law's, graphic design samples. Fun, but hard work. We're trading - I shoot some of her stuff, she designs me a business card. It was fun hanging out with them (my brother was there to) and I brought Oliver along. I'm feeling a bit clingy with him these days considering his upcoming surgery.

Then I went to the home of a family friend to do some family portraits. I did get some of JL with his bunny, who he is apparently obsessed with, but since the grown kids were having car issues and running late and such, we are going to finish the shoot another time.

I have designed promotional postcards. I would be a lot more excited about them if it weren't taking the printing company so long to get them to me. I am hoping to get some people who want Christmas photos done, but I'm not sure. It's getting a bit late. I've also designed a flier for the doggy boutique on Albion Street here in town. Oh, and I'm going to run an ad in The Boston Parents Paper online in November. Check back in November and maybe you'll see my button link on the right-hand side!

I went to the Halloween party at Amanda and Kevin's and that was really fun. Good to get out. I find that I get to a point where I have to force myself to sit and watch a movie instead of do work brainstorming and internet surfing for ideas. A few nights ago, I spooned with Oliver while watching Cinderella in my room. (Like I said - I'm a bit clingy with him these days) I went to the party as a pregnant Gloucester High student. Tacky, I know. But fun, just the same. I mean, what has happened to our culture that something like that happens!?

The latest excitement is that during a much-needed video chat with SOS last night, I learned that she would go taking a train from her new home in Springfield IL to Chicago on November 4 for the election party for Obama.
And...drum-roll, please... I bought a ticket! I'm very excited about this. I know, it's money and whatnot, but, if things go the way I and many others hope they do, it will be a historic event to be a part of. Pictures to follow!

1 comment:

Mrs. Hammond said...

I'm famous!! I'm famous!!
LOVE that you are going to Chi-Town for the party...so exciting!!