Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Apple Picking

Lilly picks a good one.

Few things saw New England autumn like apple picking. I got a call yesterday from my friend Jen, who invited me along with her sister, also my friend, Maureen (you know, the one who just got married?) and Jen's kids to go apple picking yesterday afternoon.

It was so much fun! We went to Tougas Farm in Peabody, MA. If you've ever been to Peabody, you'd never know there was room for an apple farm! So, we picked some apples, fed the pigs and chickens, visited with the llamas and sheep. Inside the farm's shop, which is a large barn, there was the smell of freshly made donuts, and there were fresh vegetables of all kinds, Cinnamon monkey bread and chicken pot pies.
I'm really enjoying being home. Aside from chilling out with my parents and relaxing at home, it's been great to see friends who live in the area. Not to mention the cool dry air and the changing leaves!
I loved the sheep's eye.


Jen helps Owen pick a good one.

No comments: