Saturday, January 26, 2008

Untitled

I've been feeling very blah today. No plans with friends as of yet. I went with Mr. Oliver to the green market this morning but my mood and energy were dragging so much that I just managed to buy myself some strawberries before trudging back to the car in a fog. 'Ever feel like your feet are giant lead marshmallows?

I stayed up late last night cleaning the apartment in hopes it would help me feel better to not have crap all over the place. After being up for about an hour this morning, it seems the mess is all back. I feel like invisible elves dump my shit out when I turn my back. Turns out I'm the elf. I tidies some more, did some laundry, flipped the matress. Perhaps I'll go get the car washed later.

I am trying to motivate to do some sewing. Sometimes being productive in that way helps. As I set up my stuff and clear some sewing space, I listen to my answering machine turn on over and over. Automated messsages asking me to hold, that I'm a very important customer and they want to talk to me, are recorded over and over. I listen while some annoying telelmarketer comes over the line, speaking to no one, "Hello, may I speak with Cydney Scott?".

Uh, no.

The dog whimpers whenever the machine comes on and he hears my voice on it, again, "Hi, I'm not hear right now, please leave a message".

I just got this email from a friend though, and it made me chuckle, so I thought I'd make you chuckle, because maybe your feet feel like lead marshmallows, too.


No comments: