Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Final Email


I had asked Glenn about Oliver's eating habits in my last email to him
and he responded with his thoughts on Oliver's "slow" learning ability
and the fact that he would let the dogs know when it was time to
devour their meal.

After returning last night from an outing for Nirvi's birthday, I
received one last email from Glenn, which read...

My wife just reminded me that he likes you to sit with him while he eats.

This morning, when I put his dish down, I looked at him and said
clearly, "Ok" like Glenn mentioned he would do.

Nothing.

Then, I got a stool and put it on the floor in the kitchen. I have no
intention of spending every meal form her on in sitting on the floor
so the dog has company, but I did want to see if it worked.

Nope.

He bounced over to me, excited that I was on his level, Are we
playing? Whatarewedoing? Can I lick you? I'm gonna lick you! Wanna go
out? Why are you on the floor? I'm not hungry.

So much for that. This afternoon his bowl was still full of his kibble.

In brighter news, Mom and Dad were just approved to become the
adoptive parents of a cute puppy currently named Holly. The
organization adopting her out is in the south and will be driving her
north this weekend with a few other adopted dogs. I'm so excited for
my parents, I ran out and bought things for a care package. It was
difficult to not buy everything that came in pink and everything that
was labeled for puppies.

I'm looking forward to more crazy dog stories that only the Scott
family dogs can seem to provide.

No comments: