Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Few From Today

It was fun to see Joe at the Cleveland Clinic today. "You look so grown-up and smart!" I told him. He was wearing his white lab coat. Joe is now a child psychiatrist and I knew him way back when in college. It's a very surreal thing when you see someone you've known since you were 19 filling such big shoes. It's like we're adults or something. Well, at least Suzanne and Joe are.

After poor little Alyssa got her blood drawn for the allergy testing, Suzanne and I brought her back home and we enjoyed some conversation about life, love, happiness, relationships, and some of my recent realizations which have included that A) all couples, even if they have been together for years, are still trying to figure out their relationship, and B) no one, single or otherwise, has it (life and how to be happy in it) figured out. Appreciated conversation.

We all took a walk together after dinner, wandering their friendly neighborhood and making a stop at a nearby playground, "You're getting a good taste of American, apple pie suburban life!" Joe said, " Tomorrow will be spicier, I promise." I told him I didn't need spicy, but apparently, he meant literally - were going for Mexican tomorrow night.

Alyssa watched some "Ellen"


Maya swings.

No comments: