Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Groomer

Today is my Dad's birthday and for his birthday, he decided to take Oliver to the groomer when he took Bootsie for her monthly destinking. Oliver is very much in need of it. I don't have full use of arm yet, so I can't bathe him. I've never taken his to the groomer before, so it was very exciting.

When he returned from the groomer, I was in my room, laying on my bed, watching TV. I heard him from downstairs, running full speed in all his fluffy glory. He jetted around the corner of the door frame and into the room and took a flying leap into the bed an on top of me, at which point he nailed me with a kiss right on my kisser. Cute, but kinda gross.

I made a big deal, "oh how handsome! Oh how nice you smell! What a handsome puppy! Oh, what a lucky boy! Did you thank grampy?!"
The groomer had trimmed around his big brown eyes. He looked like a very proper dog all clean and shiny. Dad and I agreed that we almost didn't like it. (We like our dogs a little salty and crusty looking). Still, here are some make-over shots I took...

All bed-heady. I took this one a few weeks ago first thing in the morning.


Post-grooming. I love the smirk.


With Bootsie, who's all "This is my best side."


Then suddenly, "I'm layin' down. Tell me when it's over. Hurumph."

1 comment:

Rachel Sauer said...

My boyfriend is so handsome! And all tuckered out.