Monday, March 16, 2009

Ferocious Guard Dog

When I'm alone in the house, I often bring both my dog and Bootise upstairs to hang out with me when I'm in my room on the second floor. It requires a bit of effort on my part because if I don't block the stairs, both the ascending and descending, and close the doors to the other four rooms on the floor, Boostie is liable to wander off and get into trouble undetected (she quite like a ninja). At least undetected until the smell lets us know.

Today, I set all this up so we could be in my room and the option to wander into the hall was real and existent. It wasn't long before Oliver disappeared, stepping around my filing box obstacle to go downstairs. This surprised me because usually he likes to be around me. I went downstairs and found him in the side doorway, which in our house is the main entrance. I believe he has taken on the responsibility of guarding the house. It's the first time that he's taken a post however. I could be wrong, but everyone who lives here knows how completely he throws himself into the responsibility of B-lining it to the door and taking charge when that evil toxin known as mail attempts to enter.

I just hope nobody tries to come into the house without knocking, 'cause he may looks sweet, but he can be extremely territorial.

Come to think of it, I think I'll go get him.

No comments: