Friday, March 27, 2009

Wobbly Doggie

I'm a bit unnerved today. Over the last few days, Oliver has been wobbly on his back legs. It was rare initially, so I didn't think much of it. But since last night, I have seen him stagger on his back legs three times. Kind-of like the back of his body is drunk.

I did some web-searching and it could be vestibular disease, which we are familiar with around here. When Tilly got very old, she got a nasty nasty case of it, poor thing. It could also be something in his spine being pinched.

Dad and I are going for a walk in a few minutes with the dogs so we'll see how Oliver does with it. I'm crossing my fingers that it's not an end-of-life kind of thing. I was telling Nirvi, while I was in Florida recently, that I can handle the poor economic situation and the stress of trying to get work and the stress of a bum shoulder even, but if something happens to Oliver, I'm up a creek as far as handling that well.

I hope I didn't jinx myself.

No comments: