Friday, March 6, 2009

Car and Baby and Camera, Oh My!

I am slowly starting to feel more and more like myself. Reconnecting with things I identified with, in a way. At the end of my class this week, a student came to me with a technical problem with her camera. I held it in my hands. I am now just about able to bring my left hand, which is attached to the arm that's attached to the broken collar bone, up to my face. Which meant I was able to bring the camera up to my eye. Carefully. I didn't expect to feel how it made me feel - as though I just covered myself in a nice cushy blanket.

Something similar though not as strong happened when Dad jump-started my car this morning so I could drive to Amanda's and spend the day with her and her newborn son, Noah. I haven't driven my car for four and a half weeks now. I wasn't sure I would be able to drive it, but actually, it was more comfortable than driving my Dad's van, even though my car is a stick and Dad's Sweet Pickles Bus is automatic. It felt great to know I have that independence now. And that my car is up and running.

Spending time with Amanda was replenishing too. My shoulder's a bit sore now, since I couldn't help but hold and feed and change cute little Noah all day. And Amanda and I had fun together as always. We were scrolling through the pictures I took of Noah when we came across one where he was scowling. Amanda and I captioned the photo out loud by both saying, simultaneously, "Whatchou talkin' 'bout, Willis!"

Obviously not the "Whatchou talkin' 'bout, Willis?" shot.

2 comments:

Mrs. Hammond said...

That;s one good looking kid!

Rachel Sauer said...

Hooray for almost-healed collar bones! I'm so glad you're feeling better!