Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oliver has a Chat with GMa

Every morning there is a routine in our home. I am pulled slightly our of my slumber early in the morning when Dad cracks open my door and whispers to his granddoggy, "C'mon, Oliver. It's time to go outside!".

Like a reluctant teenager, Oliver slowly creeks his way out of the bed and tiptoes out to him. The two sit on the stairs heading to the first floor just outside my room, where they whisper sweet nothings to each other to start their day off right. Then, they head downstairs for a morning pee. Well, the dog does, anyway. Not my Dad. I'm guessing Dad peed on his own prior to this routine. Just a guess. Before long, I hear Oliver making his way through the dark of my room to curl back up in a cozy ball on his warm bed, blatter empty.

A few hours later, his GMa, as my Mom has now come to be known with relation to her granddoggy (yes, we're one of those families), sits on the stairs outside my room and calls to Oliver. For the next few minutes they enjoy a mini-love fest during which Oliver rubs his shedding body of white fur all over Mom's usually black pants and groans while Mom talks to him, tells him what a handsome boy he is and how wonderful he is. He loves it.

This video is a sampling of those chats the two have with one another. The difference here is that Jealous Nell, aka Bootise, is a bit in the way. But, you get the idea.


Oliver Has a Chat With G-Ma from C.M. Scott on Vimeo.

No comments: