Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cop 'n' Poop

I parked my car in the company lot while I was away for vacation. When I returned, the birds in the tree under which I had parked did a number on my civic.

Today, after the gym, I motivated to do something about the embarrassing rear window (with poor visibility). I dragged the hose from the side of my place as far across the yard as I could get it. I was standing about twelve feet away from the car and spraying at full-force at the window, hoping to remove the offense when a police cruiser pulled-up.

"Be careful," he said, "there are police around here."
I thought he was referring to the ridiculousness of the scene - me in my gym clothes aiming the hose on it's highest pressure at my car as though I was playing carnival game.
"Oh! I didn't even think of that!" I tell him as soon as it occurs to me - we are in a drought and there are rules about when you can use water, "I never use this hose so that didn't even occur to me (that I was breaking a rule)!"
"Awe, I don't do anything about it anymore," he said, "I just roll up (in the cruiser) and make a joke."
"I'm trying to get the poop off my car," I announce from a distance.
"Well, you gotta get the poop off the car," he agrees, "It'll eat the paint off!"
"Really?" I didn't know, "Then I definitely need to get the poop off.'

I said "poop" to a cop. Twice.

No comments: