Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What If Scenarios

I was talking with friends, Libby, Rachel and Gwen last night at
dinner talking about "What If Scenarios". What If Scenarios are when
you have an experience - a moment, conversation, see something happen
- and in your head you visualize a reaction that you would never have
the brass kahunas to actually do in reality.

My recent "What If" happened a few days ago when I was entering Publix
for ice cream and passed a man who looked just like actor (and my
secret hot-and-steamy-though-a-bit-on-the-skinny-side BF)  Ryan
Gosling. We locked eyes very briefly and I think I gulped audibly
(smooth). I obviously kept right on going, passing right by him - I
was on an ice cream mission, after all - but my "What If" came next
when I blurted out (in my head - thus making it What IF), "I'll have
your babies!"

Now, there are times when What If's should be used but thanks to poor
mental filtering, the What If is no longer - it actually becomes
reality. Like the time when I was walking along Flagler Dr. with
Shannon and we passed a woman with a baby in a stroller and after
looking at the baby I blurted-out  (not loudly but audibly) "Big
head!"

This is when a What If is far more appropriate.

Then there was the time (oh, yes, there's more) when I was at lunch
with Shannon. We were hungry, and in my head I thought "wouldn't it be
nice to have some bread?"  A server passed by and the word "Bread"
blurted out of my mouth. Seriously, it was like I just burped with no
warning. I heard it, but almost didn't realize it had come from me.

Again, another time when a What If would have been a bit better.

No comments: