Saturday, June 16, 2007

Airport Stuff


I was just reading Shannon's blog about frustrations with trying to
get to Dublin for her beloved Bloomsday event. It got me thinking
about a funny thing I remember happening during one of my flights home
to MA from Ohio when I was in college.
    Waiting at my gate the travel agent behind the counter, somewhere
in my terminal, comes over the P.A. system, "Attention ladies and
gentlemen, Delta flight 1777 to Baltimore will be leaving from gate
B10, not B3 as originally planned."
Then, a few minutes later, "Ladies and gentlemen, flight 1777 to
Baltimore will, in fact,  be leaving from B10, we're sorry for the
inconvenience."
Then, again, a few minutes later, "OK, we swear this is the last time.
Ladies and gentlemen, flight 1777 to Baltimore will be leaving from
gate B3. We're sorry for the inconvenience and Delta would like to
thank you for participating in our exercise program today."
Awesome.

Then, there was the time I lost my license in the airport. I didn't
even realize it was missing until I heard someone over the PA system,
"Cydney Scott, could you please come to gate B8. Cydney Scott to B8."

The man had clearly called the phone number on my license because when
he handed it to me he said, "Your dad says you're a dufus."

Nice.

Oh! I just thought of another one. I'm in Arizona as a middle schooler
on a trip with Mom. Just as we get off the plane, I take a seat while
Mom goes to the bathroom. I watch all the people getting off the
plane. One of the last people, a man dressed in a nice suit, walks out
into the terminal and slows-down, looking around him. Briefcase in
hand he stops and asks a crewmember who is also getting off the plane,
"Where am I?"
"You're in Tucson!" she says. Then, "Bu-bye now!" (just kidding, I
added that part).
(I didn't add this part though) The guy responds, "TUSCON !!?"  He's
panicked, "I'm in TUSCON?!"
Clearly he got on a plane that took him to a city that was NOT the one
he wanted to go to.

Now that's some funny shit.

No comments: