Sunday, June 10, 2007

Nice Modeling Job


This is my little tribute to Oliver who, as some of you know, has been
undergoing quite a struggle with his allergies. He is now on all this
crap...

I will look beyond the fact that I hate my dog have lots of meds in
him and try to remember that rather than digging incessantly at his
sensitive belly skin, or jamming his face into my bedroom rug for
optimum itch-relieving friction, or licking various spots until he has
little crusty collections of hair standing out form his paws and arms,
that he is now sleeping soundly with his little head hanging over the
end of his doggie bed.

Thank you, person who invented Prednisone, wherever you are.

This morning, after I gave him his 27 medications,  I rubbed his lips
with some crazy, anti-itch wipe the vet gave me. He stood patiently,
his little lips pursed and his eyes shut, while I swiped his mouth.
Then, he stood patiently again while I forced his eye open in order to
put in some eye goop to help with his inflammation - which had
completely disappeared last week after the vet gave him a magic
injection of something.

After all this, I brought him outside and had him do a little
modeling. With hopes of selling my dog collars, I took some pictures
of him in the yard, wearing one. I asked him to sit, and stay. I took
a picture from the side, and something across the yard moved. But, I'd
asked him to stay, so he stood patiently with his little ears perked
and his eyes focused. I took some detail shots, his little paws
wiggling slightly at the exciting prospect of chasing that squirrel. I
stood in front of him for a few pictures and he moved slightly,
wanting to keep his eye on the prize.

When I was done, I said "Go ahead!" and he took off like a shot across
the yard. It was so nice to see him romp, excited to be pursuing
something other than a nagging itch somewhere on his body.

He was nowhere near getting the squirrel though.

No comments: