Saturday, June 9, 2007

Ethics in Shooting

Editor extraordinaire, Mark Edelson, sent this link out the staff a
few days ago. Interesting. Annie Leibovitz, as we all know, is
fantastic, but I'm not so keen on the concept.

I do have a problem with the implication that each of the pair were
shot together at the same time. But, considering portraiture can be a
bit illustration-y, and the fact that it's Vanity Fair magazine, which
is more artsy than newsy, it doesn't irk me as much as say...this guy.

As for as the photos go, I think the portraits are beautiful
individually, but I don't really feel like pairs work together. Maybe
that's because I knew they weren't shot at the same time prior to
looking at the pics?  I just feel like they aren't really connected
despite the fact that they were joined together.
June 9
The Adult Equivalent of Childhood Prank-Calling
What is there to do but watch, thoroughly enjoy, and offer reviews for
 Free To Be You and Me ?!

"Alarmingly freakish yet delightfully entertaining just the same."
reviewed Allergic Hound magazine managing editor Cydney S, "As good as
Clash of the Titans. Bravo! "

"A scary animated romp through the feel-good phantasmagoria that was
the '70s!" exclaimed WBOG-TV meteorologist Rachel S., with two
enthusiastic thumbs-up, adding that she wondered where her clogs were
and wanted to stop the movie to talk about her feelings.

Jim Henson exclaims, "Thanks for making me look awesome "Free to Be" folks!"

No comments: