Saturday, January 13, 2007

Martin Luther King, Jr. parade

The parade's theme was "Embracing the Dream...It's More than Just a
Day" A really lovely sentiment I thought as I headed off to shoot it
today for the paper.

My favorite thing about shooting the parade honoring Martin Luther
King, Jr. in Riviera Beach was all the great advertising. Who needs
marching bands or thoughtful non-profits when you can have hours of
realty and insurance companies, funeral homes and politicians
strolling by, schmoozing with the bored crowd and littering the
streets with their flyers and handouts?! I think it sounds fantastic!

Appreciation for the monotony aside, could you at LEAST spruce-up your
realty car before crawling down the street and handing out pamphlets
that say "Embrace the dream through ownership!"? I think Dr. King
would feel extra special (not to mention proud!) if you did

No comments: