Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Fine Storyteller in The Making

In need of a project, I decided to go through all 42,000 of my
journals and transcribe the poetry in one book. For starters...not a
very good poet. Not to mention this is clearly a
seemed-like-an-ok-idea-at-the-time situation.

I went through my first journal from 1987. I was 11 or 10. And
spastic. It was a journal that would ask questions. In my writing,
there was no such thing as segueing. Or spell-check.

So, I thought I'd entertain with a few entries. I will, of course,
type exactly as it was written...

MY FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE SUBJECT -
I like science a lot. Too bad I suck at it!
One time we electrocuted a hot dog.
Social Studies is fun.

MY HOPES AND DREAMS -
I hope when I grow up that I will be an artist. I want to be as great
and popular as my parents and hope that I find good friends, collage,
home and carrire. I also wish to be a play-writer. I've writen many
plays in school and have gotten god grades on them.
But I REALLY want to be a chimpanzie trainer!

This next one needs some background. As a kid, my cousin Tim would
visit form Ohio from time to time. We (my brother and I) thought we
were the coolest. He could play soccer and roll down the driveway on a
skateboard while doing a handstand! He's older than us so he was the
big cool cousin.

This is an entry from one of his visits after he'd married his wife
Teresa (who is great, by the way)...

Tim McCarty came to visit. Ever since he married Terrissa, He's acted
too much like a grown-up! He dosent really play with Christopher and I
anymore. Tonight, Christopher and Tim went out for dinner and played
pool somewhere out in the goon docks (yes, I wrote "goon" docks). Mom
and Dad went out and I didn't want to go so I was stuck watching
sticom reruns. All he talks about is technolegy. I have nothing
against that, of course, but I wish he'd do something else.
Like move here.

Ah, writing at it's finest.

No comments: