Friday, August 12, 2016

Skunks and Cameras

This past weekend I rented a GoPro camera and mounted it on Harlow (you can actually rent a GoPro harness for dogs!). I've been slowly making my way through the clips and trying to edit them together into something tolerable to look at. I'm not sure it's accomplishable but we'll see.


She's GoPro ready!

I wrote am entry in The Daily Harlow on Facebook, so I'm just copy-and-pasting here, one of the incidents of the weekend...

I haven't worn a bathing suit in probably a decade. My reason for wearing one tonight? Harlow wandered off on an adventure after the sun went down. She barked and barked and barked in the woods. I knew she'd cornered something. She returned from her exploration and along with her the stench of a skunk. So, since it was late, all I could do was tomato juice her. Since all we had was whole canned tomatoes, I put on my suit, dragged her in the outdoor shower and rubbed her down with whole tomatoes! Harlow taste tested a piece which fell off her. Yummy! Poor girl still has a little red on her where I couldn't get all the juice out. Sigh. Oh and then since it was pitch black and stringing electricity into the shower would be foolish to say the least, my dad put two candles on the ledge of the shower and I showered with my dog and tomatoes by candlelight. Ah, the romance in my life!

after her tomato bath. She does pathetic really well.

Leaning into Mom, a bit of tomato stain still on her chest!


I'm taking a watercolor class and had fun practicing over the weekend. 



No comments: