Monday, August 11, 2014

Boston Bucket List; The Summer Installment 4

Star Wars at Chris Columbus Park !

We learned a few things from our Shakespeare experience; This time, I packed some of my own chairs along with cushions and a sweatshirt (I was cold the other night at Shakespeare on the Common).

When I picked Ben up, we thought together about what to get to eat. We were a little short on time and needed to get going to Wellington Station where we planned to park my car and take the T into the city since the parking near CC Park is expensive.

A stroke of genius! We'll stop at Kelly's Roast Beef on the way to the station. I've never been and it's very famous int he area for being good.

Sandwiches in hand we rode over to Wellington Station and parked my car. We gathered up our over-sized bag of seat cushions, food and my sweatshirt, and awkwardly carried the lawn chairs into the station, up the stairs, to the entrance to find...it's closed. Shit. I'd forgotten Wellington is closed.

Not wanting to make things more complicated, I decided "Screw it let's just drive in".

We reloaded up the car and headed in to Haymarket. Once there, I went for the bag in the back seat to find my water bottle (with a flip-open top) had opened up and poured it's contents all over my sweatshirt. Shit.

With a grumble and a harrumph I left my soggy sweatshirt behind and braced myself for a chilly, no-water-to-drink evening in my tank top. At CC Park we were pleased to see it wasn't packed. We found a very nice spot, and Ben then wandered off to get drinks, including a new water for me, and chocolate chip cookies from the Boston Chipyard. So goooood!

While I was chilly all night, watching Star Wars in this way was so much fun. Everyone laughed at the cheesy lines, and since it has been at least a decade since I've seen it, I really enjoyed it.

And everyone cheered when the Deathstar was blown up, so that in itself was worth the trek of an experience.




No comments: