Saturday, August 9, 2014

Boston Bucket List; The Summer Installment 3

Shakespeare On The Common!

After picking up some killer italian subs in The North End, Ben and I headed over to The Boston Common to claim our small scrap of lawn. The place was packed and finding a spot with a view of the stage was tricky, but we persevered.

The show was good, but I was a bit distracted, I'll admit. I think this is because sitting near the ground on a low, rented sand chair is not comfortable at all. After an hour and a half or so, Ben admitted he felt antsy too.

I informed him that it is because we are old.

We didn't quite make it to the end of the show, but it was a fun experience. I really enjoy being part of a crowd event like that. It leaves me with a really nice feeling of community. Hey! Look at me, I got out and DID something tonight! And other people were here with me!



No comments: