Saturday, June 28, 2014

Ohio

This is my Ohio trip round up.
I had a wonderful few days with Suzanne and Joe in Cleveland, and then the three of us took a little road trip down to Ohio University, complete with lots of junk food and a stop at Taco Bell. You know it's a road trip when...

It was just like old times!

We rolled into beautiful Athens and I was surprised to find myself choking back tears. It had been so long, at least 12 years, and my love for the school where I have so many strong memories took me over.

We basically spend 48 hours eating our way through the town. My sense of direction was awful, and many of the places I remembered where no longer there.

Highlights included
• talking about our time at OU together but mostly talking about life today
• remembering what a crunchy place Athens is. I love it!
• watching the end of the very long World Cup match between Chile and Argentina at The Pub over a ginger beer.
• nice breaks at various coffee shops after so much walking!
• Great meals - Bagel Street Deli, Goodfellas (pizza), Casa Nueva, some new hot dog stand that does killer fries, The Union Street Diner
• taking a closer look at The Ridges (spooooky)
• visiting all the places we lived (couldn't get into the dorms)
• most definitely visiting VisCom, where the darkroom is in the exact same condition I remember it. 

outside Alden Library

on the college green

film canister openers in the darkrooms!

wandering Union St

Farmers Market out on State Route

farmer's market

new coffee shop

on the east green where we met in Gamerstfelter Hall

on the college green


the fun walls of Bagel Street Deli

best bagel sandwiches anywhere!

on the porch at 27 N Congress

the great Athens Blocks

chalk drawings and a hot nut at Tony's bar.

On Sunday, Suzanne and Joe dropped me off with Kirsten in Columbus where I hung out for a few days. Lots of yummy food, ice cream, and catching up!  Off to the Columbus Zoo...







No comments: