Thursday, July 3, 2014

May The Fourth Be With Me

Leading up to the holiday weekend I've been stressed out. My travels back from OH were a bit harrowing with lots of turbulence, a nearly missed connection flight and luggage that didn't get to me til a day after I returned home.

I was excited to see Harlow again, and when I came through the door Tuesday night she seemed excited too, bouncing around in her crate. I opened the crate door and out she bounded right by me and to the outside of the crate where a milk bone had gotten away from her.

I missed you too, you brat.

This weekend is the 4th of July celebration with family and friends in the cape. The weather is not looking good, with a hurricane making it's way up the coast. I was assigned a breakfast and lunch which is fine with me but really stressful for me.

I can bake til the cows come home, but doing meals is harder for me. I don't mind doing it from the fairness/sharing responsibility standpoint, but aside from that I hate it. Even when I'm only cooking for four I struggle to time everything right, and now it will be for ten. Yikes.

I decided to make quiches ahead of time and freeze them for the breakfast. Last night, in the thick heat I made a ham and cheese quiche. Ben came by to hang out and tolerate my intolerably hot house for a while, and we were chatting just as he was about to leave when we heard a weird rattle coming from the kitchen followed by an epic crash.

Harlow had pulled the quiche from the counter and onto the floor.


No comments: