Friday, June 20, 2014

So Sneaky!

Harlow has discovered the joy of chewing flipflops, now that the warm weather is here.

I foolishly left my closet door open and she got a hold of my teal ones and did those in pretty quickly (anything stinky and chewy is her favorite).  I would put the half-chewed flip (minus the flop at this point) in the trash. This is really dumb of me since she always pulls stuff back out of the bin as if to say "Hey! My toy! How did that get here!? I'll rescue it!"

My second pair sat with a pile of shoes I put near the back door for quite a while, and she only noticed them after I'd worn them once and left them in another location. She thuroughly enjoyed ruining those too. My fault really, for leaving them out!

One of the flips was in my bedroom trash bin the other morning following their mauling the night before. Standing in the bathroom, putting on make-up, I could hear the dog carefully removing the item from the bin as if she was playing a game of Operation, careful to not hit the sides of the bin and let off any sound that might alert me to her trash theft. Harlow definitely understands the concept of getting caught and how to avoid it - make sure it's done out of earshot.

But I hear the bin shift,  her slowly coming down the hall, and then as she nears the bathroom door, picks-up the pace. As she buzzes by the bathroom door, she is in a full-trot, and I can hear her giggling with delight in her attempt to pull her prank.

"Harlow! Leave it!" I shout as she starts down the stairs. I hear the disappointed thud of the flip flopping on the a step as Harlow continues to run away from the evidence as if to imply she'd simply run by it.

Oh that? How'd that get there?

No comments: