Wednesday, March 5, 2014

There's Twenty Percent More!

I was in the shower this morning struggling to get out the last bit of noxema from it's pump bottle when I suddenly had a memory involving Susan which I hadn't ever thought of, really ever..

I don't know when this was - fifth, sixth, seventh grade?  She was over for dinner and for dessert we were having ice cream with Hershey's syrup on top. I stood next to her in the kitchen and watched her perform syrup duty; She was patiently holding the bottle upside down, waiting, and then creating a sputtering sound every time she would squeeze the bottle and make the last of the syrup spittle out into the bowl of ice cream it was hovering over.

"Susan, I think there's none left" I informed her.

"No, see?" she answered, pointing at the marketing ploy label on the bottle "It says there's twenty percent more in here!"

No comments: