Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Wookie Calls and Shirts

I was tired last night. I came home at the end of my evening and put on my sweatpants. Then I put on my sleepshirt and sweatshirt, one conveniently still inside the other from the night before, and settled in for an evening of attempting to watching some relaxing TV with a whirling dervish who insists you throw the ball! Throw it again! THROW IT AGAIN! bouncing around me.

But before I settled in I was cold. I thought, there's a draft in this house! It must be really cold outside to be so drafty inside! And then I realized that I was wearing my baggy sweatshirt with no sleepshirt underneath.  Well, that explains it!  It didn't explain where the sleepshirt was though. Where had it gone? Was it still on my bed? No.

Hm.

Then I realized. No, it's not on your bed, it's inside the sweatshirt. The sweatshirt that you are wearing. It is on you. Or more literally, it is one your back, and on the back of your arms.

So basically I got into my sleepshirt and sweatshirt but didn't actually put my torso into my sleepshirt. Only my sweatshirt. So, I sort of wore my sleepshirt between my back and my sweatshirt.

It was pretty brilliant.

Unrelated, This morning I decided I would record Harlow's impressive wookie noises. She makes these noises when she wakes in the morning, and when she's excited to go for a walk. I have never been successful in capturing them because when I try by bringing out the phone, she suddenly stops the neat trick.

She's not to smart for me and my resting-the-phone-on-the-heater-and-pressing-record skills though!

Gotcha!


Wookie sounds from C.M. Scott on Vimeo.

No comments: