Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

This morning we went to the dog park, of course. Ashley was there. Ashley is a border collie pit mix who is really rough with Harlow. Her favorite move is to hold onto the scruff of H's neck and basically not let go. But in truth, H doesn't seem to mind at all. It's a mystery to me, but a reality. After the jugular grabbing was at rest, Ashley found a stick. And so started the I Want The Stick, No, I Want The Stick game. There was no fighting though, only amusement. Silly girls.



After the park, I went to the gym. After the gym, I went to a plaza nearby with a Target and a PetSmart. (Here's the section where I explained why I was shopping at these two locations and then deleted it because I realized you do not care at all about what I needed).  When I parked my car at PetSmart, this is what I saw...


It's basically Harlow. I stood there and stared at the puppy, flabbergasted. And then I realized, it's Harlow's brother Blue!  But his parents live no where near here. I was amazed at the odds (and grateful Harlow wasn't with me because if they saw each other I don't know what we'd do!).  I went into the store looking for Peter and Kristen, Blue's owners. They weren't there. So, I got what I needed and when I came out there was a driver in the car. I tapped on the window. "My dog looks exactly like this dog!" I told her. 
"Oh, I'm dog-sitting for friends"
"Is this Blue?!"
"Oh my gosh, do you have his sister?"
"I do!"
She asked to see a photo of her, gushed over her unparalleled adorableness appropriately, and we marveled and the coincidence. She was at the pet store to get him toys to chew on so he didn't destroy her home. 

Smart move. I should have told her to keep the remotes away from him because if remote destruction is genetic, she's going to lose at least one this weekend. 



This last Friday we had a Valentine's Day party at work. It was a useless day really. No one did much of anything since we were up to speed on assignments. I made chocolate cameras for everyone and they were really excited about them. Quite a few people said, "I don't want to eat it!".

They should though because I ate the last one and it was pretty good!


"Can I try some?"


I made this fantastically gaudy cake for the work party too. It was yummy!


Snuggling while watching the Olympics at home.


It's the tongue that fractures me. 


No comments: